Last year’s floods caused a lot of havoc in Pakistan, which caused financial loss to many people and many people became unemployed and also caused a lot of damage to the infrastructure and other commercial activities of this country.
Due to these reasons, many people were forced to live below the poverty line.
For the students who belonged to these areas and were studying in different universities for higher education, it became very difficult for them to pay the fees and meet their other expenses.
Keeping all these things in mind, USAID has offered a scholarship to needy and meritorious students who come from flood-affected areas where the building was badly damaged and this scholarship also provides fees for up to 2 years or 4 semesters of undergraduate degree.
- students of 2nd, 3rd, 4th, 5th, 6th, and 7th, semester will be eligible of undergraduate program.
- All degree programs.
- Must belong to flood-affected areas declared by the Govt. of Pakistan.
- Proof of financial loss caused by the flood.
- Shortlisted candidates will be interviewed by the scrutiny committee of the University.
- 50% of scholarships are reserved for females and 50% for males.
- Waiver of tuition fee for two semesters of Fall 2023 and Spring 2024.
- Stipend for the hostel, transportation, and other academic expenses for a couple of years.
Procedure of Application
- Online application required through HEC Online Application System
- Submit a complete application with the required documents to the university scholarship assistance office.
Keep in Mind
- The scholarship will be purely merit-based and HEC reserves the right to cancel the scholarship at any time if your information is found to be incorrect.
- Students who have taken admitted under Self-Assistant or Self-Support will be ineligible for this scholarship.
- This scholarship will be for two years only and any student enrolled in any other scholarship will be ineligible for the same.
- Candidates are eligible for online application till 16th August 2023.
Click here to check eligible institutes and universities