The Japanese government provides scholarships to Pakistani teachers who want to study school education.
The MEXT Teacher Training Scholarship is open to all primary and secondary school teachers in both public and private schools.
The grant is for 18 months of training. After completing the training time, certificates will be issued. The Monbukagakusho (Ministry of Education, Culture, Sports, Science, and Technology, Government of Japan: MEXT) Scholarship Program provides the Teacher Training scholarship.
Teachers from all over the country with a minimum of 5 years of teaching experience in Government or Private schools are eligible to apply for the scholarship.
Applicants must have graduated from universities or teacher training schools and have worked as teachers at primary/secondary educational institutions or teacher training schools (excluding universities). The application deadline is February 9, 2024.
Who Can Apply for the MEXT Teacher Training Scholarship
- Maximum Age of 35 Years: Candidates must have been born on or after April 2, 1988.
- Qualifications: As of October 1, 2024, a Bachelor’s degree from a university or teacher training school is required, as is 5 years of teaching experience. In-service university faculty is ineligible.
- Individual Requirements: Applicants must be academically and mentally capable of spending eighteen months in an international environment in a society with a culture that is considerably different from Pakistan’s. Applicants must also be willing to study Japanese and get research supervision in Japanese, as many colleges only offer courses in Japanese. The University in Japan provides prior Japanese language instruction. The classes typically begin in October.
How to Apply for the MEXT Teacher Training Scholarship
Fill out the application form on the Embassy of Japan’s website. A reference letter must be included and provided by the principal of the particular school.
- Fill out the prescribed application form.
- Principal’s letter of recommendation
- A (short) declaration of intent to apply for this scholarship
- At this stage, medical paperwork and other papers stated in the Guidelines are not necessary.
- The envelope must be marked as “MEXT Teachers Training Scholarship”
and sent to the following address:
Public Affairs Section,
Embassy of Japan,
Diplomatic Enclave 1, Islamabad.