Department of Specialized Healthcare And Medical Education on Thursday gave a notice about the revised new policy for admissions in medical and dental colleges across Punjab.
The University of Health Sciences is responsible for all the policy-making processes for the medical entry test. The administration of UHS taking new decisions to further facilitate the candidates in the admission procedure for medical and dental colleges.
The strategy for admissions in private and government medical and dental colleges for the year 2023-2024 was delivered. It expressed that the University of Health Sciences (UHS) will be responsible for every one of the admissions.
Fundamental Points of the New Policy for Admissions in Medical and Dental Colleges across Punjab
- The marks of the medical entry test (MDCAT) will have half weightage in the admission while Intermediate (F.Sc) will be 40% and matric will have 10%.
- For admissions in medical colleges, 55% in MDCAT while half for admission in Dental universities has been made compulsory. In the intermediate exams, 60% marks are mandatory.
- FSC or comparable schooling from abroad is presently compulsory for abroad Pakistanis. The medical entry test results from the earlier year will not be acceptable.
- For the application process of admissions, competitors will apply through the online admissions portal of UHS with a fee of Rs2000 for both public and private colleges.
- Candidates have been given the opportunity to make changes to the application form till the last date.
- The applicant should submit the college fee within something like three days of being named in the medical or dental selection list.
- The last date for admissions in government medical universities is December 31 while that in private medical colleges is January 31.
- Admissions in government dental universities will be closed on February 15 and on February 28 in private ones.
- The classes in medical and dental colleges will start on February 1 and March 1 separately.