Pakistan’s educational system is going through a transitional phase. Meanwhile, various ideas and decisions are being made to improve the quality of education in Pakistan and provide more facilities to students.
A variety of decisions is also being implemented to give students a second chance to improve their grades.
In this way, the candidates who cannot do their exam preparation properly the first time due to some compulsion or emergency will also be given a second chance to improve their academic records.
Earlier, if you were to retake any of your subjects to improve your marks, you had to give both the theory and practical exams, but according to this policy, you can take your practical exam only and the theory exam which you have given earlier will be considered.
Various decisions have been taken in the recent meeting of the Punjab Boards Committee of Chairman, the purpose of which was to facilitate the students.
Important Minutes of the Recent Punjab Boards Committee of Chairman (PBCC) Meeting
- Matric and Intermediate examinations will be based on two annual examinations i.e. first annual examination and the second annual examination. In 2023 Matric combined and intermediate combined examinations will take place in which freshers will also be eligible to appear.
- As per the new policy, candidates who fail or are absent in the practical will only take the practical exam
- According to the recent policy, matric and intermediate pass students will be given four chances in two years to improve their academic record and grade, but they can take these chances only if they do not get enrolled in the next study program.
- Matric or Intermediate students who want to improve their marks can also give only practical exams of any subject of Part I or Part II according to their wish.
- After passing the intermediate examination, the science group subject supplementary examination can also be given as a private candidate.
- The conduct of the Matric Second Annual Examination 2023 will be from 15th September 2023. Candidates appearing for this examination will submit their admission form and fee till 12th August 2023, single fee and thereafter till 16th August 2023, double fee, and till 19th August 2023, triple fee. The fee plus Rs.500 per day penalty can be deposited 10 days before the commencement of the examination.