The Khyber Pakhtunkhwa Elementary and Secondary Education Department announced substantial changes to the Recruitment Rules for the IT Cadre’s Assistant Director (BPS-17) job on October 26, 2023.
The amended notification includes adjustments to KPK government officials’ recruitment, promotion, and transfer procedures, indicating significant changes in administrative operations.
The Khyber Pakhtunkhwa administration oversees the Elementary and Secondary Education Department in Peshawar.
Also Read: SED Announces Amendments in Retirement Rules
On October 25, 2023, the department released a notification stating that it had sent certain amendments for the Basic Scale BPS-17 after consulting with the Finance and Establishment departments.
Following the provisions specified in sub-rule- 02 of Rule 03 of the KPK civil official’s appointment, advancements, and transfer rule 1989. While the E&SE division made a few adjustments.
The province’s establishment and finance departments were consulted before the department decided on this. In connection with this, on June 15, 2015, the department also released a notification with the number SO (PE) 4-10/SRC/Ministerial Staff 2014.
The changes for the assistant director of information technology position are prepared.
- The post’s basic pay scale is 17.
- According to recent amendments, a Master’s degree in computer science or information technology, or a four-year Bachelor’s degree in computer science or information technology from an HEC-recognized university, is the minimal qualification needed for this position.
- The policy must be amended in order to fulfill the processes and procedures for the appointment, promotion, and transfer of civil servants who are employed by KP governments and are subject to their control.
- From among those holding the position of computer operator basic pay scale 16, 50% will be promoted based on seniority and physical fitness.
- An employment history of at least five years as the candidate who met the requirements for the initial hiring.
- The policy stipulates that the minimum age for appointment, promotion, and transfer is 22, and the maximum age for recruitment or appointment is 35.