The Punjab government has declared two-day school holidays in Punjab’s all schools across the province over the rise in pink eye infections.
Students in the region will have a long weekend as Friday will be a public holiday for Eid Milad un Nabi and the schools will stay closed for the end of the week.
Before this Punjab government had likewise given an alarm for schools across the area over the rise in cases of pink eye infection. Schools Education Authority has instructed the schools to organize out a ‘zero period’ to instruct students about the disease and ways of halting the spread of it.
It has been requested that the teachers should elaborate on the reasons for the disease and precautionary measures during the zero periods.
It is very necessary to educate children about the effects of pink eye infection on the eyes of the infected individuals and how to cure this disease at home by taking necessary precautions.
The Primary and Secondary Healthcare Department in Punjab has given a warning as cases of pink eye infection keep on rising in different urban areas across the region. The viral contamination spreads through hacking, sniffling, and contacting hands, and it requires eight to ten days to recover from it.
Portions of Pakistan are experiencing a conjunctivitis epidemic as a large number of patients are infected with the virus causing higher tear creation, pain in the eye, redness, and itching.
How to do Treatment of Pink Eye Infection at Home
- Specialists have encouraged that the most ideal way to treat Pink Eye is to boil water and allow it to chill off before the impacted individual tenderly wipes his eyelashes to clear off outsides with a spotless cotton fleece cushion (1 piece for each eye).
- Hold a chilly wool on the eyes of the contaminated individual for a couple of moments to chill them off, they said.
- They additionally encouraged the tainted individuals to wear dark glasses and take other precautionary measures to forestall the spread of the illness.
- Ophthalmologists have proposed individuals stay away from eye-to-eye connections with tainted individuals as there is a danger of getting the disease.
- Specialists have encouraged the tainted individuals to clean up consistently with warm foamy water and clean up materials in steaming hot water and cleanser. They requested that they cover their mouth and nose while wheezing and put involved tissues in the container.
School Holiday Notification