Teaching Excellence and Achievement Program
Pakistani English teachers working in government or foundation-run secondary schools are eligible to apply for the Teaching Excellence and Achievement (TEA) program, which provides fully funded exchange opportunities to the United States. Under this program, fifty English teachers will travel to the USA for six months of training.
The Pakistan Teaching Excellence and Achievement (TEA) Program 2023 has been announced by the Regional English Language Office (RELO Pakistan), U.S. Embassy, in partnership with Vision-Building Future and the University of Nebraska at Omaha.
TEA program offers a six-week academic program at a US institution to exceptional in-service English language instructors from Pakistani secondary schools.
- English teachers at the secondary level (6th–10th grade)
- Pakistani citizens and existing inhabitants
- Being employed full-time by a foundation or government school;
- Being employed by a school that predominantly serves local students rather than those from other countries.
- A minimum of a bachelor’s degree, ideally in English;
- Two years of experience teaching.
- Prove that you are willing to stay in Pakistan and teach for a minimum of five years after the program ends.
Benefits of Teacher Excellence and Achievement USA
- Support for J-1 visas.
- Orientation prior to departure took place in Pakistan.
- Round-trip airfare and domestic travel.
- A welcome workshop was held at Omaha’s University of Nebraska.
- Program/tuition fees.
- Meals and housing (shared with fellow program participants of the same gender).
- Medical coverage for illnesses and accidents. (pre-existing conditions not covered)
- If required, transportation to the practicum school
- Trip to Washington, D.C.
- A seminar on re-entry in Pakistan.
- The chance to submit an alumni grant application.
- Application form
- Institutional Support and Reference Form
- Copies of the latest academic transcripts & degree
- Copy of CNIC
How to Apply:
- Visit the official website tea.org.pk for online application.
- Fill up the form correctly.
- Attach the required documents.
- Submit the application after all the requirements.
- Hardcopy submissions are not acceptable.
Deadline to Apply:
The last date of application is 5th November, 2023.