HEC Undergraduate Scholarship for Coastal Region Baluchistan is already accepting applications, according to Higher Education Commissions.
The “Coastal Region Higher Education Scholarship Programme for Balochistan” project is open to exceptional students from the districts of Gwadar, Lasbela/Hub, Kech (Turbat), and Awaran in Balochistan who wish to pursue undergraduate studies at HEC-recognized public/private sector universities or degree awarding institutions (DAs) of Pakistan.
Scholarships are available in all fields of study and disciplines.
According to PC-1, scholarships will be given out based on merit and district quota. Candidates will be selected for further consideration based on their academic standing and results from the HEC-conducted Aptitude Test
Candidates must receive at least 50% of the possible points. The online information and data submitted by the applicants will be used to compile the merit list of scholarships.
In case of any misrepresentation, error, or omission occurs the scholarship may be canceled at any point.
Eligibility Criteria for Coastal Region Scholarship
- The candidate must have a residence or local certificate from one of the following: Gwadar, Lasbela Hub, Kech (Turbat), or Awaran District in Balochistan.
- The candidate must have finished 12 years of schooling and earned at least 50% in both the Higher Secondary School Certificate (HSSC) and the Secondary School Certificate (SSC), or an equivalent.
- The maximum age at the time of application is 22 years old.
- Applicants must meet both HEC and university requirements in order to be admitted to the BS program.
- Applicants who are currently enrolled in any BS program prior to the advertisement may also apply (maximum of one-year session).
- Applicants ineligible to apply are those who are already receiving any other HEC or government scholarship.
- Students who are expecting their results cannot apply.
- Tuition and additional fees (such as a hostel fee) up to Rs. 240,000 per year.
- A monthly living allowance of Rs. 15, 000.
- A Rs. 30,000 annual book and travel allowance is provided.
- In cases when the university does not offer a hostel, scholars will get payment from the head university at a maximum of Rs. 5,000 per month, or at actual cost.
- At LUMS and IBA Karachi, a maximum of one scholar from each cohort would get funding (total 2)
- The stipend will be given to those who have already enrolled as of the application deadline, and the tuition will be charged from the beginning of the session.
Registration Process for the Balochistan Coastal Region Scholarship
- Online applications must be submitted via the HEC website at https://scholarships.hec.gov.pk.
- Applications and other documentation are not needed at this time in hard copy form.
- The application processing charge at Habib Bank Limited is Rs 500, which is non-refundable. Account number: 1742 7900 1334 01. Higher Education Commission is the account’s title; its branch code is 1742.
- The candidate must keep the original bank payment record or slip securely in order to submit it with the online application and at the testing location. (No one will be allowed to sit in the test without producing the original bank deposit slip)
- After filling out the application, the candidate needs to submit a payment slip online.
- Applications that are saved but incomplete in any way won’t be taken into consideration.
- HEC has the right, at any time and for any cause, to halt or terminate the scholarship program.
The last date for the submission of online applications is 30th November 2023.
The applicants must apply well in advance of the closing date in order to receive support in the event of any trouble, and they are required to often check their emails and the HEC website for updates.
If you need any help, please get in touch with the HEC Regional Center Quetta or the HECHEC Regional Center Quetta Secretariat (Islamabad).