Pakistani nationals can obtain passports through the Directorate General of Immigration & Passports in Lahore.
For international travel, every Pakistani citizen is entitled to have a passport that can be read by a machine.
Also Read:Online Renewal of Passport
How to Apply for a New Passport
The applicant can visit the appropriate passport office or foreign mission with the necessary paperwork to obtain a passport for the first time.
Documents Required for Ages 18 and Above
- Proof of paid passport fee documents, such as an actual bank-paid fee challan or a piece of e-payment confirmation information (SMS/Email with PSID No.).
- A genuine, valid CNIC/NICOP, as well as a duplicate copy, is required.
- Previous passports and photocopies (if issued) are also required.
- Employees of autonomous organizations, semi-government institutions, or the government must get a no objection certificate (NOC) from the competent department.
- A foreign passport and a photocopy of it are required (only for dual nationalities).
- In the event of a lost passport, bring a police report that includes the previous passport number.
36-Page Passport Price Update October 2023
As of October 2023, a 36-page passport with a five-year validity period price is Rs. 4,000 normally, but an urgent passport price is Rs, 000. The prices cover a service charge of Rs. 1,000.
A 36-page passport with a one-year validity period typically costs Rs5,500, and an urgent process costs Rs7,500.